Thursday, June 30, 2011

I don't know what you look like.

Little Man,

I've been strong about this.
Even last night at my adoption-awareness support group, I showed them the thank you card that finally came in the mail for the birthday presents.

But I didn't want her handwriting. When I pick up an envelope out of my mailbox from Littleton, CO, there's only one thing I want to be in it: a photo.

One little photo of your face.

Is that too much to ask for?

I haven't gotten a new photo since Christmas, and then it was just a mass-mailed family shot posed in some department store studio. Your face was about one square centimeter, but it meant the world to me. I could see it changing, which isn't hard to notice when I only get one. That is, when I get one.

Augh, am I being petty? Should I be eternally grateful?